Solearth Architecture, founded in 1999, is a professional architecture practice at the forefront of innovative sustainable design. Solearth are registered architects of the RIAI and members of the RIBA with offices in central Dublin. We have projects throughout the island of Ireland and work in the UK, Germany and South East Asia also.
Solearth Ltd is a collaborative partnership between Brian O’Brien and Mike Haslam, two architects who are passionate about both contemporary architecture and natural ecology. We believe that a concern for nature and sustainability - as the key influencers of architectural design - offers the opportunity to provide a professional, future-proofed service to clients and to improve the experience of all concerned with the building.
Environmental sustainability is the core of our philosophy and our success since 1998 is illustrated, not just in peer recognition through awards but also, and more importantly, through user and client satisfaction.
Over the years we have realised buidings that are exemplary and ground breaking in many of the ways that are the very definition of sustainability;
- creation of Irelands premier eco village - the pedestrian orientated, landscape rooted, community developed sustainbility nexus that is Cloughjordan,
- design of perhaps Ireland first multi storey timber frame mixed use, building (made of natural materials) in the city centre,
- innovation to construct a long span industrial workplace using green wood/ roundpole timbers,
- creating of a respite centre known for its cosiness, greeness and openness to those with disabilities- even though sited on the edge of the wild Atlantic,
- numerous private houses that are delightful and deeply satisfying to our clients
- weaving a large new visitor centre between the the footprints of several historic buildngs in a Northern Ireland lakeside wildlife centre, among many others.
- creative conversions and restorations of historic and protected buildngs in a sustainable, natural and healthful way
Solearth is a listening and learning architecture practice. We enjoy projects both simple and challenging and see each one as a unique design opportunity.
Feel free to call us to discuss your project whether large or small, whether imminent or just an idea for the future. We are here to help
Both partners are active in teaching architecture and sustainability - at university and professional level – and act as sustainable design consultants to other professionals.