Green My Home
Under our Green My Home service we are available to homeowners and designers on a short term /once off basis as a resource to assist your decisions about your present home or one you are thinking of buying. We can help evaluate the house's potential for improvements be they architectural, spatial, functional or in terms of energy and sustainability performance.
You can engage us to do as much or as little work as you wish on flexible terms.
Typical tasks tend to include;
- Accompany you to view a property prior to puchase and give an intial impression of its strengths and weaknesses architecturally and environmentally (insulation, passive solar, systems etc).
- Provide a written summary of the above, or /and accompany with sketches that indicate possible improvements both design wise (room layouts, connection to garden / view etc) and technical (eg insulation) for your consideration.
- Produce sketches of design improvements, or of detail improvements.
- Draft a schedule of improvement works that could help you seek a quote from a builder to help inform you on costs.
- Provide outline specifications to ensure a builder you have engaged knows which material /products we suggest are most suitable for your sustainable upgrade
- Introduce you to a reputable builder for you to discuss carrying out works (at your own risk) with.
- Produce Computer Visualisations of potential design improvements to help you sell a house.
The first 30 minute consultation in our offce is entirely free. The service costs €100/hour plus VAT thereafter.
NB The above services are not equivalent to the outputs of the early design stages where we have been retained to provide full design services and where we can thus be much more thorough and holistic.